I Make Maps and Map Accessories
Just thought I would put this journal up as a reminder to myself and others which maps will be coming when this fall, especially as I have gotten considerably excited from getting some really awesome requests from people on here and alternatehistory.com.
By the way:
Anyway, without further ado, here is the list of maps I'll be putting out this fall. Sorry for the delay in the current one, by the way, I got bronchitis for most of last week and pretty much only today have gotten over it. So expect that map to be a little delayed, but will still go up (relatively) soon.
1. (Currently working on) A map of North America in a timeline where Cromwell lived 10 years longer and Charles II fled to Maryland to set up his base of power in the New World.
2. (Mostly finished) A map of Japan in the same world as my Hokkaido map, complete with bonus info maps and text explanation.
3. (Outline partly complete) A map of South America in Where Hearts Were Entertaining June showing the current state of South America as well as smaller maps of what the continent was like in the past.
4. Islamic dynasty in China, as requested by
5. A map where the Civil War goes in the CSA's favor, but the CSA falls apart 20 years later and Texas breaks away (along with Louisiana and Florida while the rump CSA only consists of South Carolina, Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia) to become the new Republic of Texas which becomes a major power in oil and industry while reforming its government to become almost European in design and being known as the truly weird nation in North America.
6. A map of an extra large independent New York, as requested by Stuyvesant on alternatehistory.com.
7. A map of the British Commonwealth in the same universe as my map of Hokkaido, which means a province map of the UK, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and Guyana.
8. A map in which an earlier-formed Great Britain colonizes all of North America, as requested by
9. A map where instead of Castille taking over Aragon to become Spain, Portugal takes over Castille via marriage to become the Kingdom of Iberia which becomes a major world power in trade and industry into the 20th century and a constant enemy of the Franco-Aragon alliance.
10. Independent Catalonia map as requested by
11. A map where Seljuk of the Seljuk Turks became Jewish instead of Muslim and led his massive armies against the Jewish Khazars to become the leader of the Khazars and expand the nation to create three-way wars in the Middle East and expand from the Caucasus up into Russia and make a Jewish world power.
12. A map of the Ottoman Empire in a universe where they are one of the dominant world powers, which means an Ottoman Empire stretching from the Balkans to North Africa to the Caspian Sea.
13. A map where Denmark-Norway stayed together and became powerful instead of Sweden and founded a somewhat large colonial empire and even managed to hold its own in European conflicts to become something of a secondary power, if more of a peaceful one later on. Map consists of Denmark, Norway, Iceland, Greenland, and bits of Africa and India.
14. A map where the Byzantine Empire weathered the Islamic expansion and without Mongols managed to make a recovery and cement its power in the Balkans and Anatolia to eventually become a premier world power and link between Europe and Asia, including being the world's first power to embrace airship technology in the late 19th century. Usually opposed to the crazy powerful Hungarians and united Russians who haven't gotten along with the Byzantines in quite some time.
And there you have it! It's going to be a lot of work this fall, but I'm going to try to at least get most of them done, and have a lot of fun doing them! Thanks for listening, everyone.