I Make Maps and Map Accessories
Well, I imagine that my newest map caught everyone by surprise. After many frustrations with Photoshop and learning a few techniques with Inkscape, I have returned to Inkscape as my main program to make maps for the forseeable future. The advantage of this is that, as seen, I can make quite a detailed map in just over a week, compared to possibly months using my old techniques.
Due to this, I've changed up my future mapping schedule a bit and tossed out Photoshop for the most part. My current (tentative, possibly-to-be-changed) schedule for the next month or two is:
1. Map for Map of the Month on Alternatehistory.com; map about a surviving Northern Chinese Dynasty (either northern Yuan survive or Mongols fail and Jin Dynasty survives)
2. "Viva La Vida" map about a failed American Revolution sparking a migration into the Ohio Country to form a "American Republic of the Ohio".
3. "Russia And All His Friends" map set in the same world as "Viva La Vida" where a more successful France in Western Europe prompts Russia to move in on Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Central Asia, and East Asia much sooner.
4. "Unity in Diversity" map in the same world as my "Deutsch-Ostafrika" map in which the islands of Sumatra, Java, Bali, Borneo, and mainland Malaysia unite into a single union.
5. "The Northmen Cometh" map about a successful effort by King Harald Hardrata to unite England and Norway and the union that survives well into the modern age of the 20th century.
6. Where Hearts Were Entertaining June World; a series of maps that, at last, will show the complex world of my timeline "Where Hearts Were Entertaining June" in 1999.
Do note that these do not include commissions which I am working on and that the order is suspect to change. Anyway, I do hope you all look forward to these, especially as my new techniques actually mean I can get new maps out with relative efficiency. I can't wait to show you all what I can do.
Until then, take care.